TODAY, SEPT. 12
• Kellogg City Council meeting at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 1007 W. McKinley Ave., Kellogg.
• Wallace City Council meeting at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 703 Cedar St., Wallace.
• Wallace High School football at home vs. Lapwai High School. Kick-off at 7 p.m.
• Kellogg High School football at home vs. Timberlake High School. Kick-off at 7 p.m.
• Hospice of North Idaho Silver Valley grief counseling group from 11 a.m. to noon at Shoshone Medical Center, Classrooms 1 and 2. Facilitated by Megan Dardis Kunz, Hospice of North Idaho Social Worker in the Silver Valley. For details, call 208-772-7994.
THURSDAY, SEPT. 13
• Frontline documentary viewing at 10 a.m. to noon at Shoshone Medical Center Outreach Center, 9 Country Club Lane, Pinehurst. Thought-provoking documentary reveals different approaches that patients and their physicians took when facing terminal diagnosis, choice for medical treatments, quality of life and hope. Discuss with a panel of local experts including Hospice of North Idaho Board Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Physician, Dr. Robert Ancker, Hospice nurses and social workers and local physicians.
• Silver Valley Farmers Market from 5-8 p.m. at the Silver Valley Chamber Office, 10 Station Ave., Kellogg. Enjoy a taste of the local food and artisans, listen to live music, have a sip of local beer and relax on the Trail Greenbelt. Every Thursday evening through October.
• TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) from 5-7 p.m. at the Kellogg Senior Activity Center. Contact Jackie Kennegard for more information.
• Bingo at 5:30 p.m. at the Steel Workers Hall in Kellogg.
• Free kids country line dance class from 6-7 p.m. at Mt. View Activity Hall (west entrance), 525 W. Cameron Ave., Kellogg. Call 209-406-9969 for more info.
• Lego and your imagination Thursdays at the Wallace Public Library. Open to all ages, 5 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Call 752-4571 for more information.
• Silver Valley Chamber of Commerce meeting. Even Months — Elks Lodge from 11:45 a.m. Odd months at Shoshone Medical Center cafeteria at 7:45 a.m.
• Story time from 11 a.m. to noon at the Osburn Public Library, 921 Mullan Ave., Osburn. For questions or more information, call the Osburn library at 208-752-9711.
• Kellogg High School soccer at home vs. St. Maries High School. Game starts at 5 p.m.
• Free Introductory Lecture on Transcendental Meditation at 7 p.m. at 508 Bank St., Wallace.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 14
• Friday night dance at the Kellogg Senior Center from 7-10 p.m. every Friday. Music by Jerry and Faith.
• Wallace High School football homecoming game vs. Kootenai High School. Kick-off at 7 p.m.
• Live music with Son of Brad from 8-11 p.m. at Noah’s Canteen, 610 Bunker Ave., Kellogg.
SATURDAY, SEPT. 15
• Silver Valley Writers meeting at 10 a.m. at 519 Cedar St., Wallace.
• Shoshone Kid’s Health & Fitness Fair from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Shoshone Medical Center, 858 Commerce Drive, Smelterville.
• Shoshone Golf Club “Tavern Tourney” 5-Person Scramble.
• Silver Valley Fuller Center 21st Annual Walk-A-Thon at 9 a.m. starting at the Kellogg School District Community Center (formerly Kellogg Middle School). All participants will receive a “door” prize ranging from certificates at spas and salons, museum passes, dinners, car washes, jewelry and pet food, to a gift card from Building Maintenance and certificate from Silver Streak Zipline. Bring pets, skateboards, baby strollers, wheelchairs and walking or jogging shoes. Invite friends, family, and co-workers to sponsor you. Money raised goes into building materials for the housing ministry.
MONDAY, SEPT. 17
• Kellogg Elks Bingo at 6:30 p.m. at the Elks building in Kellogg. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
• Senior Citizens Club of Pinehurst meeting at 11 a.m. at the PK Lions Building.
• Country Line Dancing at MVCC Event Hall, 525 W. Cameron Ave., Kellogg. Mondays and Wednesdays at 3:30 p.m. Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. Call 208-783-0126 or 209-406-9969 for more info.
• Kellogg planning and zoning meeting at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall, 1007 McKinley Ave., Kellogg.
TUESDAY, SEPT. 18
• Smelterville Lions Club meeting at 7:15 p.m. at 301 W. Main St., Smelterville. Event reoccurs the first and third Tuesdays of every month.
• Kellogg High School at home vs. Coeur d’Alene Charter Academy. Games starts at 4 p.m.
• Kellogg High School Volleyball at home vs. Priest River High School. Varsity starts at 7 p.m. Junior Varsity at 5:30 p.m.