TODAY, OCT. 6
• Zumba Master Class with Sheandi Richins at from 6-7:30 p.m. 419 Cedar St., Wallace.
• Lucky Lyons song circle from 2-5 p.m. on the first Saturday of each month. Call 208-682-3371 for more information.
• Silver Valley Writers meeting at 10 a.m. at 519 Cedar St., Wallace.
• Fall for History event in Wallace: “Preserving Historic Homes” discussion by preservationist Shannon Sardell regarding character-defining features of historic buildings and what elements are important to preserve at 7 p.m. at the Sixth Street Theater; Free “Remembering World War I” rededication of World War I monument at 9:30 a.m. at the Wallace Carnegie Library; “Cemetery Come to Life” presentation where volunteers will portray notable individuals buried there. Trolley leaves to the cemetery every 30 minutes from 2-4 p.m. from the Depot Museum; “The Great Land Rush of 1889” presentation from historian Ron Roizen regarding the Land Rush that occurred in Wallace on Feb. 19, 1889, at 7 p.m. at the Wallace Elks Lodge building (dinner at 6 p.m.).
• 7th annual Tata’s Party and Auction at 5 p.m. at the Wallace Inn. All money raised goes toward the Shoshone County Cancer Support Group.
SUNDAY, OCT. 7
• Fall for History event in Wallace: Free “Stairway to History” guided tour by Museum curator Shauna Hillman of unique stairways and staircases inside and out of the Depot at 11 p.m.; “Historic Homes and Hot Tea” tour of four historic Wallace homes and two churches between noon and 3 p.m. Reservations required and begins at UCC church, 408 Cedar St.
MONDAY, OCT. 8
• Columbus Day
• Kellogg Elks Bingo at 6:30 p.m. at the Elks building in Kellogg. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
• Country Line Dancing at MVCC Event Hall, 525 W. Cameron Ave., Kellogg. Mondays and Wednesdays at 3:30 p.m. Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. Call 208-783-0126 or 209-406-9969 for more info.
TUESDAY, OCT. 9
• Grandmothers (lunch and cards) at Kellogg Senior Activity Center. Contact Judy Dinger at 208-682-4598 for more information.
• Wallace High School Volleyball at home vs. Mullan High School. Game starts at 6 p.m.
• Kellogg High School Volleyball at home vs. Timberlake High School. Varsity starts at 7 p.m. Junior Varsity at 5:30 p.m.
• Osburn City Council meeting at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 921 E. Mullan Ave., Osburn.
• Mullan City Council meeting at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 112 Terrill Loop, Mullan.
• City of Wallace open house from 5-7 p.m. at the Wallace Elks Lodge building, 419 Cedar St., Wallace. Celebrate completion of the sewer system improvements and thank the citizen of Wallace for their patience and support.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 10
• Hospice of North Idaho Silver Valley grief counseling group from 11 a.m. to noon at Shoshone Medical Center, Classrooms 1 and 2. Facilitated by Megan Dardis Kunz, Hospice of North Idaho Social Worker in the Silver Valley. For details, call 208-772-7994.
• Kellogg City Council meeting at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 1007 W. McKinley Ave., Kellogg.
• Pinehurst City Council meeting at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 106 N. Division St., Pinehurst.
• Wallace City Council meeting at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 703 Cedar St., Wallace.
THURSDAY, OCT. 11
• Silver Valley Farmers Market from 5-8 p.m. at the Silver Valley Chamber Office, 10 Station Ave., Kellogg. Enjoy a taste of the local food and artisans, listen to live music, have a sip of local beer and relax on the Trail Greenbelt. Every Thursday evening through October.
• Story time from 11 a.m. to noon at the Osburn Public Library, 921 Mullan Ave., Osburn. For questions or more information, call the Osburn library at 208-752-9711.
• TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) from 5-7 p.m. at the Kellogg Senior Activity Center. Contact Jackie Kennegard for more information.
• Bingo at 5:30 p.m. at the Steel Workers Hall in Kellogg.
• Lego and Your Imagination Thursdays at the Wallace Public Library. Open to all ages, 5 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Call 752-4571 for more information.
• Silver Valley Chamber of Commerce meeting. Even Months — Elk’s Lodge from 11:45 a.m. Odd months — Shoshone Medical Center cafeteria at 7:45 a.m.
• Kellogg High School Cross Country Meet at home vs. Priest River at 4 p.m.
FRIDAY, OCT. 12
• Friday night dance at the Kellogg Senior Center from 7-10 p.m. every Friday. Music by Jerry and Faith.
• Mullan High School Football at home vs. Kootenai High School. Kick-off at 4 p.m.