By KIIRA SIITARI
It feels like summer in North Idaho and anglers across the region have been enjoying the nice weather and bountiful fishing opportunities on our many lakes, ponds and streams. To add to the fun, more than 32,000 rainbow trout sized between 10 to 12 inches are set to be stocked in Panhandle waterbodies this June.
With Free Fishing Day on June 8, there’s no excuse not to take advantage of these freshly stocked trout. No fishing license is needed anywhere in Idaho. All other fishing regulations still apply.
For a list of statewide events check out https://idfg.idaho.gov/press/free-fishing-day-june-8
The number of trout actually released may change due to weather, water conditions, equipment problems or access issues. If delays occur, trout will be released when conditions become favorable.
Shoshone County fishing holes receiving a restock are as follows. Information is organized by location, date to be stocked and number of trout:
• Day Rock Pond, June 3-7, 250
• Clee Creek Pond, June 3-7, 250
• Steamboat Pond, June 3-7, 500
• Lucky Friday Pond, June 3-7, 450
• Gene Day Pond, June 3-7, 500
• Day Rock Pond, June 17-21, 250
• Steamboat Pond, June 17-21, 500
• Lucky Friday Pond, June 17-21, 450
• Elsie Lake, June 17-21, 675
• Gene Day Pond, June 24-28, 500
• Elsie Lake, June 24-28, 675