Silver Valley COVID-19 announcements
• Community Action Partnership has suspended all walk-in traffic as of Monday. It will be able to assist by phone with nutritional needs and energy assistance as it’s available. Call 208-783-4901 for more information.
• The local Easter egg hunts sponsored by the Osburn Lions, Smelterville Lions and Fire District 2 have all been canceled.
• Our Savior Lutheran Church is aware that the COVID-19 virus and the CDC’s 8-week ban on gatherings of 50 or more people will affect the observance of Holy Week and Easter. The OSLC council has made the decision that the Annual Easter Sunrise Service at the Old Mission will be canceled for this holiday season.
• All events at the Wallace Elks Lodge have been canceled until further notice
• The Kingston-Cataldo Sewer District would like to remind its customers: DO NOT FLUSH any rags, bathroom wipes, cleaning/sanitizing wipes or anything else that may cause issues with the pumps. Remember just because it says “flushable” does not mean that you should.
• Idaho state parks closing camper cabins and yurts for COVID-19 prevention.
Closing the Camper Cabins, Yurts and Idaho City Backcountry Yurts will protect the public and park employees from potential COVID-19 exposure. The closures will last until April 30 and could be extended, depending on the status of the virus outbreak in six weeks. On Monday, all cabins and yurts at State Parks will be closed.
• Shoshone Medical Center in Kellogg has restricted visitations to patients. The Wellness Center in Smelterville has also been closed.
• All incorporated cities in Shoshone County have announced emergency policies. As a result, government buildings will have limited access to the public. Call your local city hall to schedule appointments or make payments.
• Idaho Department of Labor has canceled its weekly visits to the Silver Valley.