Kellogg Police Department Roll Call: Dec. 30 - Jan. 6
The hose dragger said it smelled like bacon one too many times (no basement savers were injured in the making of this photo).
Sgt. Paul Twidt
| January 7, 2021 9:27 AM
• Dispatched to the 600 block of Bunker Av. for a possible domestic. Checked the area high and low but was unable to locate said individuals.
• Responded to the 200 block of W. Cameron Avenue for a possible unlawful entry. Checked the area where it was reported and discovered dispatch was given wrong information. Attempted multiple times to recontact the reporting party but were unsuccessful. Checked the area but was unable to find the location of the reporting party. Remained in the area for some time but found no such activity.
• Conducted foot patrol on Hill Street, Elder Street, Howard Street, North Street and W. Cameron Avenue.
• Dispatched to a suicidal person on Mill Street. After speaking with person, it was determined that the person was not suicidal but more frustrated with his two 20-something sons gaming all day.
• Citizen contact with two groups of juveniles at the city park. Cleared, reminded them of curfew hours and what is considered appropriate winter wear.
• Report of a gas main damaged on the 300 Block of Cameron Avenue. Second time in two weeks.
• Took a report for a stolen gun on the 100 block of W. Mullan. Cleared, report taken.
• Dispatched to a 13-year-old not wanting to listen to her mother and walked away from the home. Said 13-year-old was already back home before K73 arrived. Thinking that it was too cold for her to head out on her own.
• Evidence day, multiple calls/landlines regarding evidence/property.
• Petty theft on the 100 block of W. Mission. Cleared, report taken.
• Dispatched to the 100 block of W. Idaho Avenue for suspicious activity. No suspicious activity was being conducted on my arrival.
• Citizen contact at chestnut and Riverside with three individuals walking at midnight, they were just taking a walk, NAT.
• Assisted K77 in attempting to locate a wanted female.
• Traffic stop in the Cameron Conoco parking lot for no turn signal, verbal.
• Traffic stop in the Cameron Conoco parking lot for a headlight out, performed SFST's but was negative 8004 and was given a warning for the equipment violation.
• Found property 300 block W. Brown, possible narcotics. Took possession of the item and entered into evidence for destruction.
• Evidence…again, or would it be still? Either way K74 worked on evidence.
• Suspicious circumstance 100 block E. Cameron Avenue. Cleared, unfounded.
• Suspicious circumstances where a male and a female parked their vehicle across from the RP's business. Couple left for a while then returned. Male in the vehicle then fell asleep at the wheel without the truck running or keys in the vehicle. 1229 stopped out with them earlier in the day and cited one of the occupants for DWP and also ran him through FST's and was negative 8004. K75 made contact with the driver and he did not appear to be under the influence. Since vehicle was not running or keys in the ignition, K75 cleared unfounded. Also the vehicle looked like these two had been living in it, with trash collected up to level with the seats… maybe K76 borrowed their vehicle for a shift? Jk.
• Assisted K77 with a warrant arrest on the 300 block of E. Idaho. Cleared, agency assist.
• Assisted K77 with a traffic stop on the 500 block of W. Cameron. Cleared, agency assist.
• Landline request regarding a law question. Cleared, public assist. Apparently, a son and his mom were watching "Law and Order," and were arguing about a case and wanted to know the real-life answer.
• Assisted K76 with a traffic stop on the 100 block of Hill Street. Cleared, agency assist.
• Provided a courtesy transport from 100 block of Hill to the 600 block of Bunker. Cleared, public assist.
• Dispatched to the 10 block of W. Cameron Avenue for a welfare check. Upon arrival, K77 discovered the individual was OK, but K77 conducted an investigation for criminal activity. Said individual was later cited and released for DUI (She was passed out in her vehicle at the Conoco with her foot on the break. Turns out this was a killer spot to take a nap).
• Report of abandoned vehicle 100 block W. Cameron, unable to locate. Contacted reporting party and the vehicle had been moved prior to our arrival.
• Called to Dave Smith for suspicious circumstances. Cleared, public assist.
• Dispatched to a welfare check on the 600 block of Bunker Avenue for an overdue person. After digging into the matter, K77 discovered no indications that said individual was in danger, they just didn't tell the reporting party what they were doing for the weekend.
• Traffic stop on Hill Street for a stop sign violation, driver was arrested for DUI and felony drug possession. Great job K76!
• Assisted K77 with DUI call in the Conoco parking lot.
• Called to Wah Hings for a domestic, however it was determined to have taken place in Kingston, was handed over to deputies.
• Assisted medical in the 400 block of Bunker for a non-responsive medical alert. Cleared, false alarm, person was code 4.
• Picked up garbage from the brief wind storm.
• Citizen contact E. Idaho. Plastic storage lids thrown into street from wind. Returned lids to owners. Cleared, public assist.
• Traffic stop Station Avenue for stop sign violation. Cleared, verbal warning.
• Assisted county with lost skier on Silver Mountain. Cleared, other agency assist.
• LL request regarding civil complaint. Cleared, public assist.
• Assisted Probation & Parole with residence checks. Cleared, other agency assist, 1x misdemeanor citation issued.
• Assisted county with 911 hang up/suspicious persons west fork Pine Creek. Cleared, other agency assist.
• Evidence work.
• Paperwork to court. Search warrant swearing and obtained.
• Follow-up on active cases.
• VIN inspection at the Kellogg Police Department.
• Assist Shoshone Medical Center twice with a female patient that was not being nice to the nursing staff and the doctor. She was eventually released and was taken home by a family member, but she was two seconds away from going to the gray bar hotel for the night.
• Talked to an individual in the Kellogg Police Department parking lot about threats being made. Cleared, one trespassed. Two adults were arguing on Facebook (yes, Facebook) about the Washington football team. One male was trying to politicly correct the other. Things got heated and one of the two went looking for the other and threats were made. Isn’t Facebook great.
Be happy, be safe, enjoy the New Year.