Firefighters respond to early morning structure fire
Photo by DEBBIE REECE
Hagadone News Network | July 28, 2022 2:16 PM
PINEHURST — A Pinehurst home has been declared a total loss after flames ripped through its interior early Thursday morning.
Shoshone County Fire District No. 2 reports that at 1:13 a.m., crews responded to a reported structure fire in the 600 block of South 1st Street. Upon arrival at the scene, firefighters found heavy involvement in the backyard and at the back of the unoccupied home. While they were able to stop the spread of the flames to a neighboring home, the fire quickly made its way into the rest of the original structure.
After spending the majority of the morning on scene and monitoring the situation throughout the day, the fire was extinguished with no injuries reported.
"Thanks to Shoshone Fire District No. 1 Firefighters, Pinehurst Police Department, and the Shoshone County Sheriff's Office for their response and help with this morning's fire," SCFD No. 2 said in a press release.
A representative with SCFD No. 2 was not available for comment before press time. The cause and exact point of origin of the fire was not reported.
The Shoshone County Fire Chiefs Association (SCFCA), which includes members from all local fire departments and wildland fire agencies, announced that the local fire danger is moving to HIGH, effective Friday, July 29.
This means that there will be no more open burning permits issued until a significant change in weather occurs. Current permits will be allowed to expire based on the expiration date the purchaser received when they obtained the permit.
“This does not impact or prohibit recreational campfires, but please remember you should never leave them unattended and when you do leave, please make sure the campfire is dead out,” Idaho Department of Lands-Cataldo Fire Warden Chris Myers said. “Unfortunately, our recreational area has a huge problem with people leaving garbage in their campsites and along roadways. Please take the time, before you leave, to dispose of all the garbage found in your recreational site.”
For additional information or questions about the change in fire danger level, contact your local fire district:
• Shoshone County Fire District No. 1: 208-752-1101
• Shoshone County Fire District No. 2: 208-784-1188
• Prichard/Murray VFD: 208-682-3957
• U.S. Forest Service: 208-783-2100
• Idaho Department of Lands — Cataldo: 208-682-4611